"Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there."Source zombieque
there is not a better feeling than someone playing with your hair
Or running their fingers down your back.
Unless you thought you were alone.
And now, the weather.
(via looselipswreckships)Source wheazley
State of Idaho plans to poison up to 4,000 Common Ravens.
Justification: Ravens prey on the eggs of the imperiled Greater Sage-Grouse. Yet of 19 reasons for the grouse’s declining numbers, predation by other wildlife comes in at #12. Providing protected areas and requiring sustainable land management are the most important ways to conserve the grouse, not killing avian predators.
(via: American Bird Conservancy)
It’s really close, please sign guys!
killing one species to ‘protect’ another is a horrible approach to anything. Have people not learned by now? And how many other animals would this inevitably poison? Ones that would also not only ingest the poison, but the poisoned bird carcasses.
What is wrong with people.
Completely unacceptable. Will not let this happen. Sign it. Gonna post some updates on this in the near future too
humans endanger the lives of countless of species every single day! It’s like saying might as well poison everyone to save everything else. This is ridiculous!Source rhamphotheca
"Death twitches my ear;
‘Live,’ he says…
‘I’m coming.’"VirgilSource goodreads.com
(via tamegiant)Source nickdrake
(via badassbitchfromhades)Source horrorgorewhore
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
/Well A group of them isn’t called a ‘Murder’ for no reason you know.
Pfft “scary” more like hella awesome
Crows are the shit man, i love them
I have two stories about crows:
1. I was walking my dog and a crow continued to fly around with us, and literally followed us around the block until we got home. For a week straight, I would see the crow perched on the fence and would follow us around for that 9 o’ clock in the morning walk.
2. My dad and I were on our way to a store and we saw an injured crow crossing the street. My dad tried his hardest to swerve from the crow. The closer we got, I got to see that it’s wing was kind of bent and I figured it must have broken it. So, when my dad tried to swerve to the left, the crow literally jumped in front of his car right against the headlight and died on impact. Till this day, we think the crow literally committed suicide to end the pain of a broken wing. It’s fascinating that a crow would be capable of that, but it’s also frightening…Source nowyoukno
I got Hollow City yesterday and I can’t wait to read it! I’ve been waiting to get my hands on it for a long time :)
(Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children & Hollow City by Ransom Riggs)